Thread: Kingdoms of Amalur

My Mood
    Amused
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kingdoms of Amalur

For those of you who are interested in RPGs, Kingdoms of Amalur is a great new addition to the genre.

Dont want to go into to much detail but it feels like a mix of games from TES series, the witcher series, and fable series, with best parts of each being used. Its one of those games where you sit down late at night to play, and, when you next decide to check the time, its 6 hours later and you realize you need to go to work in an hour. Created by game designers from TES, art by the guy who created Spawn, and story line and lore by R.A. Salvatore (one of my fav fantasy authors!). Best described as an action rpg, the combat system is one of the most fun ive ever used, period.

I would highly recommend it, and its nice to play while you wait for awesome mods to come out for skyrim. I know most people here are FPS players (including me), but its nice to enjoy something different once in a while!

Its gotten great reviews, with the only criticism being the lack of connection you feel to characters you meet. I disagree, the story line and characters are great and immersive. Still its nice to see that thats the only general criticism.

Metacritic Score 86/100 (only 3 less than BF3) Here is the Link:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ki...alur-reckoning
    Last edited by Mad Trader; 10-02-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not! But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am! -- Monty Python

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad Trader For This Useful Post:

Happy MOOSE (10-02-2012), mandown (10-02-2012)

Admin  
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Konan-Tenshi

thanks for the tips Gion (:

Will look it up later!
    tho I belive I saw TotalBiscuit play it and it looked like being super boring honestly :S

balOOn

got it dont like it tho might bin it
    or mayby ill have another go

Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fiendish
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 839 Posts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luke not liking a game other than css ?! Big surprise !

Thx for the gr8 review Gion I pld Skyrim a bit but got bored with it pretty fast. Only RPG that I've been sold on so far is Dragon Age I. Dragon age 2 was a big disappointment Used to like the Heroes of Might and Magic series but the last one was pretty bad. I might try this Kingdom of Amalur tho. For ur own sake I hope it is as good as u say
    It's open season for MOOSE !

My Mood
    Blah
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Playing it now and loving it. I dl widescreen fixer to increase the fov and the post process injector from skyrim works on it and makes the gfx even better. The combat is great and the world is one of the best concepts Ive seen in an rpg for a long time. Just a joy to play