PDA

View Full Version : My new WLAN-Router

red rabbit
29-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Heres the story about my new wlan-router:

its broken. it cant connect to the internet and everytime i want to save changes (even if its just the time-zone), it redirects me to a blank page.
after a 40min talk on the phone with cisco systems (the manufactor), even they said it was broken. so i tried to return it to alternate and what did they do? send it right back to me and said "it works".

reasons why people kill other people: see the above >.>

chrisxp
29-01-2011, 07:11 PM
use another browser

red rabbit
29-01-2011, 08:09 PM
already did that and it wasnt the problem.
the problem is that it cant fetch an ip-adress from the pppoe server.
after going through it multiple times with the service-hotline of the manufactor i even called my isp to check and re-check our log in data.
i even tried using the specific mtu port for my isp but that didnt help either.

mandown
29-01-2011, 08:31 PM
steal your neighbours internet?

Go there with an internet cable, plug it in, run fast as hell and pretend nothing happend, problem solved darling <3

Bobby t Bruce
29-01-2011, 10:45 PM
it sounds broken.......

*waits for the whoosh of a router flying past my head*

red rabbit
29-01-2011, 10:59 PM
thats what everyone says.....well anyoe but alternate, who did some magical tests, which said it works just fine.

ive written a polite email to their reclamation-service now explaining my problem in depth.
though, i dont expect to get an answer till sometime monday and even then it will probably either be "weve run tests" or "send it back in". i even dare to imagine them asking me to send it directly to linksys...

red rabbit
17-02-2011, 06:21 PM
update:

well, now ive send it in a second time and again they didnt find anything but this time they called me and we had a chat.
the man i talked to told me that it is possible, that theres a incomaptability between the router and our dsl-modem and i should check with my isp if they know anything about it.
if yes, ill guess ill have to haggle with my isp to get a new one (which i hardly doubt will be easy/free). if no, i have a awesome new router (linksys wrt54gl) which i can only use as a access point >.>

Happy MOOSE
17-02-2011, 09:24 PM
who recommended linksys 2 u ? :icon_redface:

Stimorol
17-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Linksys routers are very fine machines ..

red rabbit
17-02-2011, 10:54 PM
some hairy dude, i think :D